Tame Migraine Headaches - Naturally
by Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD
New data revealed June 27, 2006 at the 48th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Headache Society, migraine headaches cost American employers more than $24 billion a year in direct and indirect healthcare costs and lost productivity.
Can migraine headache suffers find relief for the pain without breaking the bank? A study completed by P.E. Strang, W.H. Crown, R. Bizier, et al suggests preventative approaches are far more effective than is commonly believed. Preventative measures can eliminate the need for pharmaceuticals or natural remedies, as well as pain/suffering and lost work.
The most common prevention techniques include, but are not limited to:
• Affirm yourself: “I relax into the flow of life and let life provide all that I need easily and comfortably. Life is for me.”
• Decrease Caffeine--drink decaffeinated tea/coffee and eliminate all other drinks with caffeine
• Discover any food allergies/sensitivities—chocolate, cheese, nuts, alcohol, MSG, eggs yolks, wheat, yeast, beef can trigger—eliminate the foods that trigger allergy or sensitivities
• Eat Right for Your (Blood) Type
• Maintain healthy body weight
• 7 to 8 hours of sleep – preferably at least 1 hour of sleep before midnight
• Exercise—aerobics, calisthenics, power walks, hiking or weight training—at least 2 times a week
• Use a natural Detox system to cleanse the liver, kidneys, and colon. Buildup of toxins and poor liver functioning can be responsible for headaches because of the body's inability to eliminate toxins from the diet or the environment.
• Low blood sugar levels can also bring on headaches, especially if you have skipped a meal. Eliminate all processed sugar and foods with processed sugar or corn syrup. Not only will you eliminate headaches you will lose weight and/or avoid weight gain.
Resource: Stang, P.E., Crown, W.H., Bizier, R., et al. “The Family impact and costs of migraine,” American Journal of Managed Care, May 2004:313-320.
Dorothy M. Neddermeyer, PhD, Author, International Speaker specializes in: Mind, Body, Spirit healing and Physical/Sexual Abuse Prevention and Recovery. As an inspirational leader, Dr. Neddermeyer empowers people to view life's challenges as an opportunity for Personal/Professional Growth and Spiritual Awakening. http://www.drdorothy.net
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Dorothy_M._Neddermeyer,_PhD